- 500 gr potatoes, cut in long narrow strips
- 2 bay leaves
- sugar and salt to taste
- 100 ml of tamarind juice
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 bird’s eyes chillies
1. Deep fry the potatoes, Set aside
2. Grind or blend the spice paste
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil, then sauté the paste with bay leaves until fragrant.
4. Add the sugar, salt, and tamarind juice and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
5. Then add the potatoes, and continue stirring until well blended, crisp and dry. Remove and ready to serve.